[Towertalk] Orion Rotors--OPINIONS?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Orion Rotors--OPINIONS?
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:18:59 -0800
The other thing to watch for is the 1/4-20 bolt that hold up the
spline shaft. In our haste at the club we left out the lockwasher
and this bolt eventually loosened causing the spline shaft to
drop around 1/8 to 1/4". When the shaft drops low enought into
the motor housing it bumps the limit switch and the rotor stops
turning. Easy enough to fix, but somewhat inconvenient. The
2nd time around, I added a lockwasher, a little blue loctite, and
a saftey wire - hi hi. Aside from this operator error, it has
been a great rotator. We are turning 20sqft x 300 lbs of
antenna (KLM KT34XA stacked over KLM 40M4 both
with the heavy duty boom option).