[Towertalk] Ladder Line Twist

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ladder Line Twist
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 15:39:13 -0800
I have a450 ohm window line running on a rope carrier from the mast to the
eve.  I put more than one twist on it.  Probably too many.  The twist was
generally to stop the flat line from planing in the wind hence flapping up
and down.  Wise truckers put a half twist in the flat tape hold downs on
their loads to stop the flapping.  Just watch the straps.  A second reason
is that less rain rund down the line into my shack.  The twist causes the
rain to run up hill to folow the same wire hence drops off.  I also put a
rain dripper (a piece of twine just inside the eve) to cause the res of the
rain to drip off before entering the shack.

Hope this helps

Chris opr VE7HCB