[Towertalk] Tower base "solution"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower base "solution"
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 18:21:18 -0800
At 02:17 PM 2002-04-04 -0700, Stu Greene wrote:
>At 11:09 AM 4/4/02 -0800, Chris BONDE wrote:
>>   Maybe you are correct in the engineer but why not have the engineer
>> sign off on the cast in the hole, whcih cold be less controllable.
>
>  Are you suggesting that a PE sign off on something which the
> manufacturer strongly recommends and which might be required by building
> codes?

Or a building inspector.  How does one know if all has been
followed?  There are many horror stories out there

>And finally, this is a sarcastic question, why do you impute self interest
>in the advice a knowledgeable professional installer gave without compensation?

I take umbrage with the use of 'impute', possibly 'assume' as he stated the
response was 'sarcastic'.

>Tacky

Was this your signature?

All I asked was why could not the precast blocks be used?  Steve's answer
was like a parent, "Because!"
I have had responses that  state the question, while not put correctly, was
a valid one, Steve's answer, a pat and possilbe flip one.

I thought that hams tried to think outside of the box, or on the other side
of the wall or with a different paradigm, so I asked a question that I
thought might evoke answers not retorts.  If I bruised Steve's feelings I
apologize.  He has made many valid comments, however, this was not one of
them.  Whereas, those comments on my question by Henry, Dave and Kelly were
constuctive while critical.

best 73, Chris opr VE7HCB