[Towertalk] tower falling faillures

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] tower falling faillures
From: wa2bpe@exotrope.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:56:03 -0500
Steve and all,

This may have been discussed for the past six years,but most of us haven't
probably followed this particular topic - unless it directly affected us (plus
not being subscribed for all that time).  Obviously, this "tape" is not all
that is being discussed here.

I suddenly have found myself in an "interesting" situation where I have been
asked by the local town Zoning Board for input as to the installation of
towers; amateur, public agency (e.g., fire, highway, etc.), and commercial.
This gets tricky as some people are acutely concerned with "esthetics" and
(specifically) cell towers were mentioned.

Any information I can glean is of utmost importance as it *may* serve as a
model for 3-5 local townships, all of whom are rewriting their "master plans".
Being in a rural area in (way) upstate NY is a help where many have adopted New
Hamshire's motto but it nevertheless must be done "right" and satisfy many of
diverse backgrounds.  Suggestions from anyone (esp. anyone with a legal or
prior legislative background) will be appreciated.  I am also attempting to
find what other townships have done as it would lend legitimacy to any
proposals as well as not reinvent the wheel.  Obviously, the public service
aspect comes into play and (unfortunately) the even greater dependence on
non-commercial emergency communications since 9-11.

Thank you,

Tom - WA2BPE