[Towertalk] Information on Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Information on Towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 06:40:55 EST
In a message dated 4/5/02 8:12:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, pwburke@raex.com
writes:

> I have an opportunity to purchase either a Andrews 340' M46 tower or
>  an Advanced 330' tower. I wondered if anyone in the group has had any
>  information on either of these towers that would help me with my
>  decision.

    Well, if the price is right and it doesn't cost a fortune to take it down
or put it back up, why not? They'd make a couple of great HD ham towers.

    These are not in the ham purview for installing them yourself (20-foot
sections, BIG weight, commercial-grade, etc.) but they'll take ANYTHING you
could throw at them. This is a guess but I'll bet you a nickel that they'll
take 100 square feet of windloading or so.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for industry and amateurs