[Towertalk] Mosley S-402

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mosley S-402
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:45:54 -0600
Here is a testimonial from a friend who wishes to remain annonymous.

Tom  N4KG

I have had a Mosley S-402 since 1985.   Originally had it at 85 feet at
my
old QTH, and gave it its first run in CQWW CW that year.   Worked 121
countries in 39 zones, and knew I had a winner.

It has been at the present QTH since 1988, now at 117 feet.    Same high
level performance.   Have worked all countries but 4 on 40, and that is
only
because they have not been on (did work Glorioso DJ6SI/FR/G but it
doesn't
count!).    Other 3 are P5, BS7, and SV/A - Mt. Athos. Mechanically the
antenna has been great until about 3 years ago when the reflector coil
fell
to the ground!    This was after 14 years of trouble free performance!
So I
replaced the coil,  and I'll be damned if it didn't fall off again a year

ago.    Have not replaced it yet, but the antenna still works like a
champion!   40 is one band that I don't worry about.    A local contest
station has 2 S-402s stacked, and they also do very well!

I need to come up with a stronger bracket to hold the loading coils.
Other
than that problem,  I cannot find a fault with the antenna.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.