[Towertalk] Non-stretch rope?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Non-stretch rope?
From: n9en@voyager.net (N9EN@VOYAGER.NET)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 08:24:19 -0500
Hello all...

Been following the thread about the kevlar & dacron ropes
and how much they stretch, etc. Does anyone know of a
source for the material that KLM used to supply with
their antennas?

The particular material that I am talking about was about
3/16" diameter and black in color. If I remember right, it
had a glass fiber core and a smooth black jacket as an
outside covering. It could be cut with a pair of side-cutters,
although with some difficulty and the side-cutters needed to
be sharp ones.

I am looking for some material to use as overhead boom
support "lines" for some yagis that I will be putting up in
the near future. Thanks for any info!

73 de Brad @ Radio Free Roscoe (IL)...