[Towertalk] What antenna order is best

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] What antenna order is best
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:22:37 -0600
The BEST way to prevent interaction between an 80M dipole
and a 2L40 is to mount the 80M dipole parallel to the BOOM
of the 2L40.  Even with the end loading, a short boom 40,
end loaded, will still be resonant way above 80M and by
being perpendicular to the 40M elements, the 80M dipole
will have NO effect on the 40M performance.

Tom  N4KG

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002 "Eugene Jensen" <eugenejensen@nyc.rr.com> writes:
> Interaction between the EF-180B 80 meter rotatable dipole and EF-240
> 40 meter 2 element yagi on a HDX555 55 foot crankup with 20 feet of
> .250 4130 chomemolly mast above the bearing. After looking at the
> pictures at ve6wz web site I now wonder which is the best of the two
> setups? I  was planning on putting the rotatable dipole on top. And
> how far apart  is it  best to keep them from having interaction with
> one and another. Gene
> K2QWD

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.