[Towertalk] C3E 40 Mtr. Element...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] C3E 40 Mtr. Element...
From: ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com (Ronald KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:31:51 -0400
>     YES! I recommend it highly. A 40M rotatable horizontal dipole is a great
> antenna.

   I have always heard: `80 & 40 meter dipoles have such small nulls that the
direction there orientation is not important,' and I have been told: (about 40
meters)
  `you can talk to any place in the state, no matter how your dipole is
oriented'.

   This seems to be true with my 40 meter dipole.  I can rag chew with my chum
in NC
from FL with our antennae at crossed orientation (with my 45 watts) like locals.
(as well as with him using a vertical)

   What does the rotable of a 40 meter dipole get you?

(I am just asking, I am not trying to start a fight.)

       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
    100% LINUX, 100% of the time.   SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm