[Towertalk] Rivets, Clamps, Screws etc

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rivets, Clamps, Screws etc
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:14:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/02 5:26:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
k4oj@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> another guy here in Floirda REALLY blew me away...paud him a visit and he
>  was putting up a stack of 15 meter yagis...he welcomed me and told me it
was
>  heat shrink day...
>
>  He had obtained some heat shrink with goo on the inside and was putting a
>  piece over all the tubing reductions and heating it...

    Huh? What does he think that will accomplish? The nifty and expensive
heatshrink mentioned is FB for weatherproofing connector joints but offers no
help in the sloppy element joint area. I suggest that it is superfluous.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services