[Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mixing EHS and Phillystran
From: Sylvan Katz <jskatz@sk.sympatico.ca> (Sylvan Katz)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:55:18 -0600
Hi all

I need to insulate the top section of my upper guys from my tower to
eliminate some tower-antenna interaction I think I am getting with my C31XR.
Is it okay to use a few feet of Phillystran for the top section and EHS for
the rest? If it is then what is best method to use to couple the EHS and the
Phillystran? Or is there a simpler inexpensive solution to isolating the EHS
from the tower?

Another question that is off the topic. About  200 ft from my shack there is
a chain link fence that is few miles long surrounding a city facility. I
have always wondered if there was anyway I could use this long metal
structure as a low band receiving antenna. Is there?

.. sylvan

Ô¿Ô¬
Sylvan Katz, VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK
"A Novel Perspective of Amateur Radio Contesting" at
http://www.dynamicforesight.com/~ve5zx