[Towertalk] Update: Ordering replacement trap plastic seals from Cushcra

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Update: Ordering replacement trap plastic seals from Cushcraft.
From: brewerj@squared.com (brewerj@squared.com)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:41:13 -0400
After hearing some of the horror stories of dealing with Cushcraft, I steeled
myself
for battle, and ....

1) Called their Amateur tech service line.
No answer... recorder.  Left message. Nobody called back (4 days)

2) Called receptionist, and asked to be transferred to someone in Amateur tech
service. Was transferred and got answering machine.  Hung up.

3) Called receptionist right back and asked for a human being in Amateur Tech
Serv,
and was told they couldn't do that. I asked why...did nobody actually work there
since they clearly don't answer phone inquiries? Was told that they're in
another
building and that that was the policy. Very rude and uncooperative receptionist
(Tammy).

4) Went to their web page, and filled out an "order sheet".  Didnt know PN of
trap seals, but just entered a detailed description in the text field. Got call
later that afternoon with all information, and with a phone number and a PO
to use if I decided to go through with it (BTW, they are 1.25$ each).  Inquired
via the same method  on some additional parts (filling out the order sheet
again)
and got a call back the same day with the price and availability , and a new
total for my
order.
Provided number to call with credit card  information to complete the deal.

Moral of story:

     *Cushcraft needs a new receptionist. Atilla the Hun or even Hillary
     Clinton would be an improvement!

     * Don't waste your time trying to talk to someone FIRST...just place
     the non binding order (they do NOT ask for CC information at that
     time) and let them call you.

     They WILL call you!

Hope this helps! Looks like Im not the only one who's had to unravel
the secrets to pry parts out of Cushcraft. BTW, I played with their
PBX and found some extentions should you need them. It may be
the only way to talk to a human.( I would NOT categorize the receptionist
in that manner.)

Paul: (Dir of Operations)  x304
Jarett Morrow- x312

Good luck. Will let you know when I get the parts.

73
John wb5oau