[Towertalk] copper plate or ground rod

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] copper plate or ground rod
From: k3nd@yahoo.com (GALE STEWARD)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 04:59:17 -0700 (PDT)
FYI,

This web site is the only place that I remember seeing
information about a buried copper plate as an
alternative to a ground rod.  They sell a 2ft X 2ft
copper plate with cable clamp that gets buried about
two feet down.  If this is really an alternative to a
ground rod for lightning protection, it would be a lot
easier to install in many locations (like mine). At my
QTH, you get down 2-3 feet and hit sheets of red
shale.

73, Stew  K3ND