[Towertalk] Mosley Pro67C 40-10 3" boom

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mosley Pro67C 40-10 3" boom
From: ka5nez@clarc.org (Ken "AB5A" Eckel Jr.)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:54:24 -0500
Gerald,
I noticed your mention of the "tri-bander" report.
I am reasonable certain that it's data is correct.
Tell me, which of the other "tri-banders" will work
40M? I have worked 240 countries in the last 3 years.
Which of the other "tri-banders" will work 12M & 17M?  I
have worked 250 in the last 3 years on each of these bands.
The Mosley Pro67C is definitely a compromise antenna.  The
compromise is more bands on the same feedline.  Not at all
a contest antenna, but a great DX antenna.

Here is where my testimony gets ridiculous BUT no less true.
I have WAS 160M and 54 DXCC cnfmd on 160M using
a MosleyPro67C at 65 feet on top of a free standing aluminum
tower.  I also did WAS 80M same way.  I have NO idea how this is
working but my theory is the reflected power coming down the shield
of the coax is coupling into the tower and the "tribander" is providing
tophat loading.  My feedline runs down the let of the tower and
underground about 100 feet. I use an automatic antenna
tuner to keep the rig happy.

Your mileage may vary...73,

Ken AB5A