[Towertalk] Anyone modeled A3S and A3WS on same mast?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Anyone modeled A3S and A3WS on same mast?
From: MPeiperl@london.edu (Maury Peiperl)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 05:36:08 +0100
Greetings towertalkians...

I've got an A3S and A3WS (with 30m attachment) and wonder if anyone has
modeled them (with or without the 30m attachment) on the same mast at
different spacings.  Cushcraft says only to keep them as far apart as
possible, which in practical terms means I have to decide whether to buy
a longer mast.  Does anyone have actual data (or failing that, anecdotal
evidence) for what a reasonable minimum spacing is between these two
beams?  I would like to avoid putting the beams at right angles if
possible.  The lower beam (A3WS) will be at about 47'.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

73
Maury W3EF / G0UHK