[Towertalk] FWD: HyGain 402BA-S

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] FWD: HyGain 402BA-S
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan & Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:48:43 -0700
Well, if this is the early version and the problem is arcing boom
insulators, then you either need a new antenna or a serious modification
using a different driven element mounting scheme that is both strong and
insulated and does not arc.  N7KA and I did a modification on one of these
about 40 years ago and it worked OK but I wouldn't bother again.  I would
just replace it with a HyGain Discoverer.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com