[Towertalk] Hy-Gain balun question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Hy-Gain balun question
From: majrabsr@rconnect.com (Major Ron)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:32:55 -0000
I, too, have had to resolder the the joints inside the BN-86. The first time
I used regular solder. When it happened again, I used 45% silver solder. It
has NOT had the problem again. I used some GC Electronics brown glue (radio
service cement) that I had laying around. It is really great stuff, but I
don't know if it is still available. I then completely coated the entire
housing with some silicone rubber paint that is made for mobile homes. Never
had another problem with it.

73,
Ron, KA9ALC