[Towertalk] Buying nuts and bolts - list of providers?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Buying nuts and bolts - list of providers?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:42:07 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/02 3:03:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, kq2m@mags.net
writes:

>  don't know if this idea has been broached before, but if it has not, would
>  it be acceptable to you as the reflector administrator - god - whatever
:-)
>  for us as a group to compile a list of vendors, suppliers, manufacturers,
>  etc. and itemize them by category for the purpose of rating them
>  (objectively) to use as a resource when any of us need parts, service, etc.
>  and would like to turn to the accumulated experience of the reflector?
>
>  My thinking is that a resource of this type would save A LOT of reflector
>  e-mail traffic, repeated inquiries on related subjects and a lot of wear
and
>  tear for us as we search for reputable people and companies to deal with.
>  It might also provide some additional incentive for suppliers to provide
>  high quality service, especially if they know they will be mentioned
>  favorably if they do a good job.

    Sure please do. It's better than mentioning them every couple of months
again and again.

    I encourage manufacturers and dealers to join TT and make contributions.
Occasionally one does and we appreciate it.

    The bottom line is that just about EVERYTHING discussed on TT has to do
with BUYING something - tower, antenna, Preforms, baluns, etc. - so any
related information is of interest to all of us. That way we can hopefully
minimize buying and construction problems and maximize GETTING ON THE AIR AND
HAVING FUN!

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TT ADMIN