[Towertalk] RE: WinProxy

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RE: WinProxy
From: kb5my@starband.net (Dan Hammill)
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 22:15:03 -0700
I'm running WinProxy with the anti-virus option on my StarBand
2-way satellite setup with Win2K Pro, and it works just fine.
I configured it to run as a service instead of as an application.
It's been transparent as far as speed goes, and it has had no
trouble processing simultaneous accesses from five workstations,
including the one it's hosted on (a P2/400 w/ 384MB RAM).

Good product.

As an aside, I know the AV is updating regularly, but I've not
seen any intrusion attempts via StarBand yet.  I'm sure the bad
guys will catch up with them eventually.

73,
Dan  KB5MY