[Towertalk] Stacking (again)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Stacking (again)
From: Chuck@dxham.net (Chuck Sudds)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 12:33:03 -0500
I am thinking of stacking some monobanders on my 100ft Rohn 45G tower but I
need to know just how much mast to buy.  I currently have a HyGain 205CA
about 6" above the tower and want to add a HyGain 153BA (12ft boom) above
that.  At the top, I want to also add a HyGain 103BA  (8ft boom).  The
rotor is mounted inside the tower and down approx 5ft.

Does the old addage of spacing them apart by  "half the boom length of the
shortest boom" still apply with a stack of three beams?  If not, can
someone help?  Thanks, in advance.

Chuck  KØTVD  Missouri Valley, Iowa