: [Towertalk] There are no dumb questions on Tower Talk, only dumb answ

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: : [Towertalk] There are no dumb questions on Tower Talk, only dumb answers!
From: vk2lee@maxnet.net.au (Lee Noonan)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 23:17:45 +1000
Hi,
I am renewing ALL My coaxial cables etc starting tomorrow, after a Lightning
Strike many months ago,  and naturally I have been reading this topic with
Much Interest..... I have always used RG213  previously (well RG8 years ago)
from the Antenna switches in the shack to the antennas.  Now I am going to
run Belden 9913 from the Shack to the top of the tower... where it will be
connected to RG213 with "N" connectors & from there to the antennas.    The
9913 braid will be grounded at the top of the tower and just before it
leaves the tower to enter the house.   So I have come to the conclusion,
that its OK to do this, rather than run RG213 all the way from the shack to
the antennas.......
I'm only using 100w from an FT920 and the run from the shack to the antennas
is 23 meters.
  Thanks for the input Guys, Much Appreciated.....

Lee Noonan VK2LEE

http://www.qsl.net/vk2lee/
http://www.qrz.com/vk2lee/

 Towertalk mailing list