[Towertalk] Interference handbook

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Interference handbook
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 18:16:08 -0400
On Fri, 31 May 2002 12:16:02 -0400 "N2TK" <tony.kaz@verizon.net> writes:
> I believe there used to be a handbook that you could get from either
the FCC
> or EIA that you could hand out to someone who was getting interference.
In
> simple English it talked about the kinds of interference and what the
> consumer could do about it.
>
> I couldn't find it on the web. Anyone have any ideas if it is still
> available and where I can get it?
> Tnx
> Tony
> N2TK

It is still available. You can find it on the CD-ROM that accompanies
"Antenna Zoning for the Radio Amateur", see www.antennazoning.com.
Another good reason for owning the book.

For the radio ham suffering from interference complaints, the book also
includes a variety of letters to send to neighbors, homeowner
associations, the police, municipalities, and so forth; as well as a
complete
discussion (including a law review article) and citations to the case law
which protects the radio ham in interference situations.

The FCC Interference Handbook  is also available from the official FCC
web site at
http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Compliance/WWW/tvibook.html

Fred Hopengarten K1VR                       hopengarten@post.harvard.edu
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
781/259-0088 *eFax 419/858-2421

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.