[Towertalk] Tribander identification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tribander identification
From: k0wa@swbell.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:28:37 -0500
This is a TH3.  In fact, this is an original TH3.  How original?  This was
made or designed by a guy in Duncan, Oklahoma...who was purchaced by
Hygain.  This beam is late 50s or early 60s vintage.  I know.  I had one
for years.  I retrapped the antenna with the new "Thunderbird" traps from
Hygain after fritzing wit the thing for several years.  Worked FB for
years.  Got a TH6DXX and put the TH3 on the small tower.  Sold it for $100
later on.

I bet if you took off the center feed on the DE there would be a couple of
headless bolts bent just to fit around the boom.  Those are buggers to
reassemble.

Lee - K0WA