[Towertalk] NVIS antenna--reflector addition

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] NVIS antenna--reflector addition
From: ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com (Ronald KA4INM Youvan)
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 04:08:44 -0400
> Our club is planning to have an NVIS antenna for 80m
> and 40 meters during Field Day.  However:

   First a `my state' only antenna for a contest seems
counter productive, try a nice wide pattern yaggi (2 element)
or a Moxon on 40 & 80.

> Because the ground itself is a reflector, and because
> EZNEC confirms that adding the reflector is superfluos,
> we do not think a reflector will help.

   No, the wire a foot or so above the dirt tuned about 5%
long will be way better, the dirt is of low conductance
like a resistor and the reflective surface is at no defined
place.
   Does your confusor program say how long it has been since it
rained on the test field it was analyzing?  A wire is, no matter
what the weather has been.

   If cleverly connected to the wooden stakes, the reflector
can be removed to make easy comparisons with the dirt.

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997   SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm