[Towertalk] KT34XA QUESTION

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] KT34XA QUESTION
From: Barockteer@aol.com (Barockteer@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:44:00 -0400
Guy-

I don't think you can just use the new dimensions. There are other changes
(mechanical) which can affect trap resonant frequencies. A call to Mike at M2
will give you all the info you need.

I have had several 34's & 34XA's, and now have a KT36XA. Believe me, if you saw
the mechanical improvements on the new stuff, you'd upgrade. Far superior.

If you don't upgrade, I suggesst you pop rivet the shorting straps at the
outboard end of the trap assembly (15 m section). Drill and use a small rivet
on the bottom side at both ends of the strap. I found this to be the worst
mechanical connection in the old design. I would NOT recommend riveting
anything on the capacitor tubes, due to shorting/arcing possibilities.

73,

Tony, K1KP