[Towertalk] remote controlling a cap

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] remote controlling a cap
From: ken.claerbout@equant.com (ken.claerbout@equant.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:21:31 -0400
  Hi Howard - I have a small cordless screwdriver which I think is made by
Black & Decker.  I see them for sale at Home Depot for around $15.  It's
cylindrical in nature and about 10" long.  I often thought something like
that might work well to remotely tune a capacitor or inductor.  You could
easily connect the shaft of the screwdriver to the shaft of the cap.  It
offers plenty of torque.  The switch on the screwdriver could easily be
remoted back to the shack and about the only other thing, is providing it
with a DC source so it doesn't have to run off of batteries.  Just a
thought.

73
Ken K4ZW