[Towertalk] Heil Proset Plus !

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Heil Proset Plus !
From: k6rb@baymoon.com (K6RB)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:43:21 -0700
I recently bought a ProSet Plus, too. I like the dual microphone element and
the spatial switching features but I do have two "gripes." When I monitor my
audio, the "s" sounds are distorted through the ProSet but not in actuality.
Using my old BM-10, though, there was no distortion. It may be the effect of
the way the phones seal out outside sounds combined with conduction through
the skull but whatever it is, it's annoying and I end up turning off the
monitor when I use it. I also find it anything but light weight. After 24
hours in a phone contest, I really feel it. The BM-10, although much less
rugged, was lighter weight and more comfortable. I intend to give it another
chance, and maybe I'll get used to the weight. I'm not sure what to do about
the monitoring situation, though.

Rob K6RB