[Towertalk] MFJ 890

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] MFJ 890
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:28:29 -0500
Sherman:

MFJ had one on display at Ham Com 2002 in Arlington TX last weekend.  They
looked very interesting.  I had MFJ President, Martin F. Jue demonstrate it to
me personally since I had bought a couple of clocks from his booth.  He
explained that it sampled the various HF beacons around the world on a periodic
basis, like every minute or two on several HF frequencies that started at 20
meters and went up to 10 meters I believe.  The LEDs light up to indicate which
beacon is being checked and you hear a short morse code identifier if that
beacon is being received. It seemed to work fine inside the Arlington
Convention Center.  The demonstrator they had on display was the only one they
had at the hamfest.

Tom, WW5L