[Towertalk] Is it worth it?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Is it worth it?
From: n8de@thepoint.net (Don Havlicek)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:11:30 -0400
If the tower is composed of 10' sections, it's Universal Tower, if the
sections are 8' long, it's Heights.
Either way, you should be able to disassemble it in place, IF you have
access to a GOOD ginpole and ground assistance.
Is it worth it to hire a crane to lift it off the base? .. depends on
whether or not you want to pay that kind of money for a short, low
wind-load tower for which you will have to buy a base fixture and pour a
concrete base, AFTER digging a hole for it!
Don
N8DE
[owner of 5 Universal Towers]