[Towertalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] XR dilemma

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk] XR dilemma
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:29:20 -0600
On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@contesting.com> writes:

> You would do considerably better on 18 MHz to just cut an 18 MHz
> dipole and string it 20 feet up in the air. Signals are quite strong
> on 17 meters.

At 20 ft, MOST of the radiated energy will pass into outer space.

As most readers of TowerTalk know, I strongly recommend 40 ft
as the minimum height for effective coverage of the upper angles
supported by the ionosphere on the High Bands (20 through 10 M).

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.