[Towertalk] Plumbing a tower??

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Plumbing a tower??
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 05:18:53 -0600
Here is the method I use to plumb my guyed towers:

I set up two plumb lines made of thin wire carrying
some old 5 lb 'window weights'.  These plumb lines
are roughly 60 ft from the tower and at right angles
to each other when viewed relative to the tower.

I then sit on the ground with my feet in front of me
and arms / hands behind me to provide a stable
base for my head / eyes and sight one of the
tower legs along the plumb wire.  I estimate that
I can get the top within a couple of inches of 'true'
using this method.

Others have hung a long plumb line down the center
of the tower, using 3 lines from each leg to the opposing
horizontal brace and suspending the plumb line from
the intersecting point of the 3 lines.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.