[Towertalk] VBI - 360 BEA indicator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] VBI - 360 BEA indicator
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:46:16 -1000

> Any one know if Vector Controls Systems is still in business. Can not seem
> be able to locate then with last known fone # in Upland Calif. Trying to
find
> out how to hook up their Beam Indicator Model VBI - 360 with a W0MLY /
> Antenna Mart Prop Pitch Motor and matching control box with map indicator.

Hi,

Believe they are long gone.  But I have the VBI-360 out here,  and
the manual.  There is no info in it about the rotor you describe.
However,  there is info therein for use with "non-commercial"
and other rotors not listed in their then manual.  Maybe that
could be of some help?  I could copy off and mail a few of the
pages to you if desired.  This Section 3 of the manual gives
circuit info for both two and three wire potentiometers in the
rotor; ought to be no particular trouble to set it up with your
control unit.

73,  Jim  KH7M