[Towertalk] Coax conduit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coax conduit
From: 107770.3462@compuserve.com (James P. Cassidy)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:10:16 -0400
David,  The second conduit may be for an AC power run.  The 120 VAC cannot
be run in the same conduit as the feedline and control lines per the
National Electric Codes.

Sometime back someone said that some do run an extension cord in the same
conduit as the other lines and only plugged it in when needed.  I am not
sure if this is a good idea or not.

I would suggest you very carefully select the size of the conduit and make
it a little larger than you think will be needed.  Extra room never hurts
and makes it easier to pull cables as well.  I have never pulled any of the
larger coax sizes in conduits but I think they are a little stiffer than
normal wire so may be a little harder to pull through.  And if the conduit
is large enough it would be possible to pull cables with the connectors
installed as long as they are taped over smoothly.

And its a good idea to keep an extra pull string in the conduit for future
pulls.  Lacking that an existing cable can be used to pull others in later.
 Another trick I was shown by an electrician was to not use nylon cord as a
pull string.  It can actually saw into both the cables and the pVC conduit.
 He was actually using a nylon string to cut off the PVC in tight spots.

73 Jim KI7Y