[Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Models and real world

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] Models and real world
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:42:16 +0200
There is a great difference with a model that allows to design an
antenna, a model for predicting propagation or a model that tries to
show as an antenna will perform over a media.

When is sure that one can define a parameter, i.e. a certain height
from ground or a certain number and lenght of radials, then it's
perfectly possible to trust results, knowing that those results are
true in that specifical condition.
In other words, I can design with optimal results and precision a
complex antenna in free space or an horizontal array like a yagi over a
real ground if this ground is far enough to allow me to neglect its
effect within inherent antenna performances in term of elements
detuning.
On the other end I must be aware that when parameters are simplyfied
and assumed instead of beeing real and over full control, ground
reflections and morfology, what I get is a result that is valid within
the assumption I made but not necessarily with the real world, if this
differs from the model.

73,
Mauri I4JMY