[Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] 20M Yagi ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: [Towertalk] 20M Yagi ?
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 17:33:00 +0200
In case of a 200/300' real drop, and 800' hill top location, it's quite
possible that the first reflection is so far that the equivalent height
of the antenna/s from ground is 800'.
In such case stacking will affect gain but is almost useless for null's
coverage and to obtain a smooth and wide lobe or higher angles
radiation, ground is anyway too far down.
I didn't try or study it, but I think a vertical polarization could be
a (compromise) solution for high angles and smooth wider lobe at a
sacrifice of some gain, in such peculiar cases.
On the other end an height of 800' is already in excess of 10 WL, lobes
and nulls will be at so close intervals (few degs) making the situation
less critical than one might think in the other cases.

73,
Mauri I4JMY