[Towertalk] SteppIR Power Handling

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] SteppIR Power Handling
From: W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 10:28:05 -0700
Rick/Tom,

If you look at the SteppIR "view brochure" hyperlink on their homepage,
they mention specifically (about 1/2 way through the brochure) that the
1500 Watt rating is continuous CW or SSB. They then qualify that
statement with the fact that they have only tested it for maximum of 5
minutes key down at 1500 W CW. Not sure why they cut the test short
(they don't say). Perhaps the amplifier they were using was not rated for
brick on the key duty.

73 de Mike,