[Towertalk] Coupling phyllistran to ehs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coupling phyllistran to ehs
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:12:48 -0600
My gut instincts tell me it is WRONG to loop big grips
without *something* to prevent the loops from collapsing
under tension.  As I recall, Preformed Line Products,
the manufacturer of Big Grips, specifies a MINIMUM
RADIUS for their Grips.  This can be maintained by
Thimbles or Insulators.  Without support, the grips
will 'fold' at the end of the loop under tension.

Tom  N4KG