[Towertalk] Ground wire impedance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ground wire impedance
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:51:07 -0500
> -- by making it into thin/wide strap (or hollow tube) instead of a filled
> circular cross-section, keeping the same amount of copper per foot.   That
> minimizes the inductance.  (Yes, that amounts to the skin effect
argument -
> placing all the copper near the surface of the conductor.)

are you saying that the small coil of 1/2" copper tubing hanging in my
garage would be a better grounding conductor that my heavy gauge solid
wire.?
(I can never remember if the soft copper tube used for water is K or M. I
think M).
I think it's 1/2"OD.

I could easily flatten one end for clamping to ground rods.