[Towertalk] tower pulleys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] tower pulleys
From: w7zr@citlink.net (Richard Zalewski)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:13:46 -0700
I had good luck from US Tower.

Dick W7ZR

Price Reduced!!
Beach Vacation or Retirement Home
Visit www.w7zr.com for details

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Emery" <k1uo@prexar.com>
To: <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Cc: <k1uo@prexar.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 3:04 PM

I am trying to refurbish an EZ-Way 72ft HD tower and am in need of a source
to change out a couple of wire rope pulleys that have worn down on one side
over the years.  EZ-Way is of course out of business and all possible local
sources dont deal in wire rope pulleys except the 'garage door' boys but
those pulleys wouldn't stand the working pressures required.

The wire rope size used is 3/16 aircraft cable and the two sizes of pulleys
are as follows:

2 1/2 in. overall diameter with a center bearing hole for a 3/8 in. bolt.
The pulley width is 3/8 in.

3 in. overall diameter with a center bearing hole for a 3/8 in. bolt.  The
pully width is 3/8 in.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might get replacement wire rope
pulleys as close to these sizes as possible?

Thanks es 73
Larry K1UO

multipart/alternative
  text/html