[Towertalk] Kevlar Guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Kevlar Guys
From: Tõnno Vähk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee (Tõnno Vähk)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 14:41:30 +0300
I guess it also depends on what antennas you have on the tower. If just one
monobander then it would be fairly easy to find nonresonant leghts of EHS
guy wires with modelling. But if tribanders etc.. then they will effect some
band one way or the other.

That's my conclusion after a lot of modelling. Having tribanders and 40m
Yagis on the tower I know that I could never sleep peacefully not seeing
terrible nightmares about those lost db-s if having solid EHS wires. And
breaking them up into smaller lengths than half wl on 10m is making the
project as expensive as Kevlar already and more troublesome...

73
Tonno
ES5TV