[Towertalk] 25GSSB New? Baseplate

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 25GSSB New? Baseplate
From: ve7hcb@rac.ca (Chris BONDE)
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:28:17 -0700
At 04:09 AM 2002-08-02 -0600, n4kg@juno.com wrote:

>         SNIP
>
> > This is the bases of the three legged cow milking  stool.  (VE7HCB)
>
>N4KG:  I believe you mean BASIS and not "bases".

Maybe I should have written, "These are the bases ...   ".  But definitely
not, in this case,   "These are the basses ...  ".

However, your tower has guys that causes a push via a pull down onto the
concrete base.  The guying changes the movements and momentums
(momenti?).  Maybe, in the case of a mast or a tower with no guys the base
offers a change in centre of gravity.

I have been trying to obtain a concensus on the depth of a mast, power pole
etc for the heigth.  If just put into the ground, if a heavy base is used
then things change.  The best appears to be, One foot plus 10% of the
complete pole must be under the ground.

Chris opr VE7HCB

Chris opr VE7HCB