[Towertalk] Ground Rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ground Rods
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:30:27 -0600
So, you will have 2 ft of the ground rod in the earth
and 6 ft of the rod in the concrete base.  Something tells
me this is NOT a good idea but I confess I don't
know much about concrete bases since I don't
have any.  My gut reaction is that you don't want
a lot of (lightning) current flowing in a conductor
that is *inside* the concrete base.  Hopefully
someone more knowledgable will speak up.

Tom  N4KG

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.