[Towertalk] Tailtwister won't turn.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tailtwister won't turn.
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:23:53 -0600
The recommended / described use of electrolytic capacitors
for replacing an AC motor start capacitor is a SERIES connection
so the effective capacitance is HALF (unless the reverse biased
side acts as a short on each half cycle...then the effective capacitance
would be equal to the marked value...anybody know?).

Tom  N4KG

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002  "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca> writes:
> Yes, you can stick two electrolytics together like that.
> Remember that the value will double if you parallel 2 identical caps
> together like that.
>
> GL
>
> Mike-VE9AA

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!