[Towertalk] Ground loops

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Ground loops
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:23:27 EDT
In a message dated 8/7/02 1:50:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time, K9MUF@aol.com
writes:

> What are we supposed to do if the power service entrance is on one side of
>  the house and the antennas and radio room are on the other side of the hous

    You need to tie them together. Commercial sites use a perimeter ground
around the building but you could probably get away with a good ground (a
couple of ground rods) at the service entrance and then run a big ground wire
around the house to the radio room (where I assume your SPGS bus will be).

    You want the potentials to rise and fall at the same rate everywhere. By
connecting your service and radio room ground you'll have done that.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -