[Towertalk] T2X Comtrol Box parts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] T2X Comtrol Box parts
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 00:56:47 -0400
The starting cap I bought 6 years ago went kaput today and I used the old
original CDE part I had in the junk box and I got the antenna around to work
EX2T and 8Q7ZZ on 15 but the old cap is very weak.  I remember the last time
I had to go to Granger and wait in line and then they did not have the cap
Hy-Gain told me to buy.  I finally ordered it and suffered through the old
CDE cap for as week.  The CDE is good for one partial rotation per day!
Guess it has to charge up!

Where can I get a replacement that is the same size as the old CDE part?  (I
know about CATS and Rotor Doctor)...

At the same time the bulb went out and I last replaced it about 6 years ago
also.  The manual just shows a bulb with no part number such as 1812 or 47.
I went to Radio Shack and settled
for a lower current model (12V as I recall) so the brightness was down.   I
do remember that
15 years ago I had the part number and the supply companies want to sell me
12 dozen bulbs not just a single bulb.  Any ideas??

73 Dave K4JRB