[Towertalk] what drill to use ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] what drill to use ?
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:18:26 -0500
As a retired Mason Contractor I may be able to help.
What you want to rent, is a Large Hammer Drill.
Available at most rental places, Home Depot rentals have them.
You get a drill with a SDS bit, that is a special type of shank that allows
drilling and turning at the same time.
It also allows the use of a chisel in the Hammer setting.
Start with a drill, and then switch to a chisel and you will make the proper
size, neat hole in less than a half hour.

Renting a diamond boring bit of 1.75" will cost about the same as a new
Alpha, if you can even find one available for renting.

I also suggest a slight upward angle to the hole you make.

Just take it slow and chisel off small bits at a time.
Good luck