[Towertalk] Building Hygain Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Building Hygain Yagis
From: ve2dc@rac.ca (Mel Martin (VE2DC))
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:58:14 -0400
Hygain did increase the thickness of the 7/16 somewhat with the CA series...
I've never really had any problems... the first times I lost the antenna due
to ice storms was a mast failure. The big storm of 98 wrecked my 40M beam
and damaged the TH7 I had up. It failed just next to the boom to element
clamp... and some elements rotated around the boom.