[Towertalk] Universal aluminum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Universal aluminum
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 01:19:04 -0700
Truly, we all want to know the truth (or at least as much of it as we
can stand).  Unfortunately, in American and Canadian commerce, truth is
in short supply.  Anyone with a pension fund with equity investment has
probably got this figured out.  Consequently, it is useful to know the
commercial affiliation of those who make statements about the products
we are interested in.  i.e. it's not so much what a person says that is
interesting, it's trying to figure out why he says it.

So, Pete, thanks for pointing out Dan's possible commercial interest in
alleging a Trylon deficiency.

Dan, I have been asked by the emergency communications group of Canada's
3rd largest city to spec a tower for the city E-Comm centre.  Trylon is
on my short list.  You have given me something to check out that would
not otherwise have occurred to me.

So, everyone, is Dan right in what I take to be his assertion that the
edges of all Trylon tower elements are not adequately protected from
corrosion?  "Sleepless specifiers want to know", or, "I don't want to be
known as the guy that recommended something that rusted out before he
was dead."

I'm going to bed now, mindful of what Neill Young taught me in his song,
"Rust Never Sleeps".

73 de Jim Smith    VE7FO