[Towertalk] MFJ 206

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] MFJ 206
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:31:38 -0700
I have been thinking about building a RF current meter for measuring
antenna coax outer shield current with different baluns. I plan to use a
split ferrite sleeve core with a pickup winding, germanium  diode and
meter.
  I now have an opportunity to pick up a MFJ 206 which may or not may be
suitable for the job from an individual who is not local. Info on this
unit does not seem to be available on the MFJ web site. What is the
sensor like on this meter? Is it designed so that it is basically immune
to direct RF field pickup? Any help appreciated.

73, Dan, N5AR