[Towertalk] Burying Coax in Conduit Trench

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Burying Coax in Conduit Trench
From: kb9cry@attbi.com (kb9cry@attbi.com)
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:29:17 +0000
I'm no expert, but I either read or personally inferred
that one should not bury their grounding wire from the
tower ground grid to the shack SPG/electrical service
ground in the same trench as the coax/control cables.
One wants the tower/shack ground system to take away all
the energy of a strike surge (either direct hit or
induced from nearby strike) and not have any in the
cables.  My thought is that energy could couple from
that grounding wire back into the cables and sent it
towards the SPG.  One would rather not send anything
toward the SPG.  Personally, I ran my ground wire from
the towers to the house in a separate route.  Phil
KB9CRY